Friday, January 13, 2012

Fabulous Find- Wine Cabinet

Hey ya'll! I am so enjoying this spring-like weather! It is making me want to create a ton of spring vignettes, I have to keep reminding myself that it is only January!
Anyhoo, recently my husband and I picked up an old sheet music stand. It appeared to be able to fit bottles of wine perfectly so we snagged it up and decided to convert it into a fabulicious wine cabinet. It was only $50 dollars and hardly needed any work done to it. All we had to do was add a little latch to it to keep it closed and I made a few small changes to make it our own. It also fits perfectly in the very small space on our "B"ee wall. By the way, I can't believe I am still messing around with this apartment a couple weeks before we leave.....

I purchased little chalkboards from Joanne's Fabrics (3 for $1.70ish) wrote the regions of where our favorite wines come from and hung them on a burlap ribbon to label each rack.
I also painted the wood trim on the boards gold to bling them up a bit. I love mixing rustic with glitz. Hence the giant crystal-y wine stops.
I topped it off with part of our silver collection. A winners cup as a wine bucket, a goblet for a vase, a little cup my folks got us to hold wine stops and openers, and a vintage looking ice scoop. I love using mix matched pieces like this in vignettes. We also used our old Italian blue wine jug to add a pop of color. This jug was purchased from a yard sale for just a couple bucks. Similar ones are sold at Pottery Barn for over $100!! Score one for me!
The ice scoop above is from the Barn of Pottery.
 I used a left over crystal door knob that matches the one on my other bar that I had left over. I added it to the existing metal work that is covering up old key holes.
By using a colorful towel I can switch the color theme anytime I want for under $3. This one was purchased on sale at Cost Plus World Market.

  Old cups like these were used on ships and have monograms on them....I am a little koo-koo for monograms if you haven't noticed.
Stay tuned....a tutorial on creating a moss monogram (I'm up to it again) wreath.
What kind of winter cleaning, decorating are you working on????

Until next time,

Linking up to:
   

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I just discovered your site and I LOVE it! Job well done. I'm new to the blogosphere and still trying everything out. Thanks for you inspirations.

    www.keepingupwithdafashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! I love your blog too! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a wonderful use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it as a wine rack, what a great idea. Those small chalkboards are so cute as regional wine labels. Glass look great with the outside, love the trophy wine cooler, but I especially love the moss monogram, I am going to make one. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I would love to see your monogram and show it on my blog! Thanks for the linkyparty! have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...