Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter Coffee and Tea Date


Winter is the perfect time to have a friend over and sip tea or coffee by the fire. I had my dear friend Emily over the other day, and wanted to show you an easy way to make a coffee date seem a little bit more festive. 
I found these adorable wooden snowflake sticks that I used for stir sticks from the dollar store. They are perfect for the wintery month of January! I placed the mugs on a beautiful tray that I got for my birthday from Cost Plus World Market, I believe it is from India. The antiqued silver tray gives it a glamorous yet rustic look. I added a flower in an antique vinegar bottle, a little green vintage looking glass votive and a plate with homemade Italian cookies. I threw on some jazz music and we had a lovely afternoon. If you don't have time to set up a nice spread do something simple like this. 
Check out my stellar new marble and mahogany coffee table from 1929. I was so blessed to be able to make a trade to get this! I painted it black and distressed it so it will go with the rest of my home. 


All it takes is an extra five minutes to make something just a little bit more special. 
Off to some serious designing!
Coming Next:
Wine Cabinet Reveal!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...