Saturday, March 24, 2012

Design Reveal!

Hello everyone! Hope ya'll are enjoying your weekend! We are visiting  beautiful Kentucky on our way to Germany. I just love Southern style homes, they are absolutely stunning. I can't get enough of the black shutters and red doors on these giant colonials. Before I left California, I worked on a job up until the last couple hours. I wanted to show you the reveal of my clients front sitting room. It still needs a few finishing touches like bamboo blinds and a crazy chandelier but it's 99% finished.  Much of this job was done using my virtual design. My clients were fantastic and so much fun to work with. I so look forward to helping them complete the rest of their home.
Before:
 
This was the design concept board.


We swapped out the colors of the sofa and chairs, and the piano is for this room when they move to a different home in the future.

After Pictures
We are adding topiary or two to these niches and placing a rug in the hallway.
I will keep you updated on the progress as the project finishes!




Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Stunning! Also the kind of welcoming room you could relax in with friends! Great balance of sophistication and coziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ry—such coziness but still "clean"...can I just say I think I really am starting to LOVE those drum lamp shades. Kinda makes me wanna run out and find some to replace a couple of lamp shades in our living room.....Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful room. I love those chairs. I would love chairs that look like that and recline:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Enjoy your trip!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly! My name is Rebekah and I am Nate Pina's sister (and Sue Pina's daughter --uh, that's probably obvious, ha!). I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your blog and especially how much I love what you did to Nate and Melissa's front room. I had bookmarked your site after my Mom showed it to me a few months ago. They hadn't told me you had helped them with their home, and I hadn't been by their house in a little while, so I discovered the re-design when I came back to the site to look around. The "before" pictures caught my eye -- "Heeey, that bike looks familiar. Heeey, that looks like Nate's bookshelf!". When I saw the "after" pictures I literally jumped off the couch and yelled!! Seriously, I would NEVER have recognized the room. It is absolutely gorgeous and I can NOT wait to see it in person. Really, really beautiful. (Except now I am afraid to take my 3 young sons over to play at Uncle Nathan's house, for fear they might break something, ha ha!)

    I hope you are continuing to have wonderful adventures over in Germany and I look forward to seeing/reading more of your design work! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah! Thank you so very much! Their home was so fun to work on. It is has been so wonderful working with all of your awesome family! I am so glad you enjoy the blog! Please tell your fam hello for me! I hope you have a very blessed day :)

      Delete
    2. Just had to let you know I went to Nate and Melissa's recently and the room is even better in person! The new floor-to-ceiling drapes make the room feel HUGE. Love all of it. Makes me wish you were still in CA so you could help me with MY home! =)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Rebekah! I should be coming home soon for some work and I will let you know when I am in town! I hope you are well and thank you again so, so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  6. Found your blog on on pinterest when someone pinned your entryway and it caught my eye. You do beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad you found my blog! I really appreciate your kind words! I hope you have a very blessed day!

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...