Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Barn Living Room Reveal!


 Buon Giorno! We are having a lovely time in the majestic city of Venice, Italy! Everything about this enchanting and romantic city inspires me.
Before I show you our living room, I want to send out prayers and well wishes to those suffering from the horrible hurricane... My heart breaks for everyone on the east coast. 
A while before we left for Italy, I took pictures of our (rental) living room (without seasonal decor) and I finally have a moment to share them with you! My favorite part about our neutral and soothing barn living room, is the blend of rustic- industrial items and elegant- feminine pieces. The whole feel of the room can be changed with some colorful throw pillows and flowers. 
Below are the before pictures...
And here is what it looks like now!






I adore taking simple things and making them more interesting, like the rope tie backs below...
 



 I adore these etchings of Germany and Turkey above and the contemporary German coo coo clock below!



To see how we created our faux fireplace mantle, with all "found" items, click here.
To see how we created our pallet coffee table, click here.
To see how we made our tree stump side table, click here.
To see how we transformed our t.v. stand, click here.
For a peek at the rest of our old German barn, click here

We are off to a traditional Venetian meal and to try and catch a gondola at sunset!

 

Ciao Amicis!



Linking up to:
       





24 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! You did such a great job using found pieces. The whole effect is very cozy and chic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Miss Ashley! I really, really appreciate it!! xo

      Delete
  2. Love the room! Looks like the dog does too, hehehe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! my pup finds it pretty easy to take a nap in there!! I hope you are enjoying your fall!! Thank you so much for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! You did a gorgeous job fixing and decorating your barn in Germany, I love it! Have a great time in Venice, one of my fav cities in the world. Now I'm just too worried about my very favorite, which is my home town NYC, for the hurricane and also NJ. Let's send prayers for the victims.
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I just read about that minutes before I read your comment... I feel so out of the loop not being able to understand radio and tv! sending prayers!

      Delete
  4. Molly it looks amazing! The room is so stylish, but also warm and cozy! I'm glad you're having fun Venice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you so much! We are having a blast in Italy, it is so wonderful here! xox

      Delete
  5. Molly, Your living room is so full of charm and character. You've done a lovely job in creating a warm and inviting room.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary Alice! I really appreciate your kindness and support!! I hope you are enjoying your fall weather!

      Delete
  6. Molly, I found your blog about a month ago and you continuously impress me. When I see you have a new blog post I get supper excited because I know it's always going to be good by our blog is like flipping through my favorite magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, THank you!!! What a sweet compliment! You really have no idea how much that means to me! I love your blog as well and am thrilled to be a follower!! xo

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous, great job Molly! I love the barn's architecture, you did a wonderful job accentuating it. Happy halloween from Japan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Any cool things going on in Japan for Halloween??? xoxo

      Delete
  8. Wow! everything looks beautiful! I see that pallet / wood art and furniture are a hit over there as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!! Thank you so much! Many (not all) Europeans think I am nuts using old trash for furniture and art in the beginning, but seem to like it in the end... I did see a bunch of reclaimed wood and pallets used in a fancy shop in Tuscany today, so I think there a probably a bunch that enjoy that look as well!:) I just love the industrial look and the free factor is wonderful too ;) Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous!! Where did you get the set of 2 beautiful slipper chairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie! That is so sweet! I found them a little over a year ago on overstock.com
      They may still have them available.. When you search for them, they look very grey in the picture on line but are more burlap greige color in real life.. Good lick to you and I would love to see pics of them in your home!

      Delete
  10. This room looks amazing! I love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words, they made my day :)

      Delete
  11. Amazing Molly!! I love that you've put so much thought into all the details. The curtain tie back, love them!! There's not an inch of that room that doesn't have charm to it. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...