Thursday, March 28, 2013

Polka Dots and Spring-Time Randomness


Hey, hey, hey! I recently ordered a fabulous burlap and gold polka dot pillow that I received the day after I shot the pictures of our updated living room...Sorry if you are seeing this twice, as I updated my last post with pictures of it, but I had to give it it's own (or semi own) post.  I LOVE THIS PILLOW!!! It (along with the Lindsay Letters canvas and silver tree stump side table) is what I love most in design, complete opposites. I get all goofy and excited (I may or may not jump up and down and take diet coke shots) when I blend opposites, like burlap and gold, sparkly wood, a chandelier over a pallet table,  and a deer and chalkboard piece in a gold gilded frame. I can't get enough of blending opposites. It, my friends, is a way to ensure your space looks neither too masculine nor too feminine. When I do this mixing process,  I get a weird rush of excitement, almost like I am breaking a rule (that doesn't exist anymore)...Mwaahahahahahahahaha. Yup, that is about as crazy and edgy as I get.
The polka dots on the pillow, catch the light nicely and compliment  my funky, gold, gilded, feather pillow. It was an absolute pleasure ordering from the owner of this Etsy Shop, The Comforts of Home Decor.
I also ordered these tres-fab, homemade, vintage style straws from The Party Fairy.
You guessed it... you turn into a fairy and party when you drink out of them! They are majestic. I can't wait to put them in a summer time sipper! When I see these colorful little delights, I imagine myself drinking a delicious fruity drink while riding on the back of a unicorn (can you tell I haven't slept in a while?). She is another pleasure to order from and has been featured in MANY big time magazines! Check out her beautiful shop!

Speaking of a burst of springtime in your mouth, check out these Cadbury, Peep S'mores from the awesome blog, Amy's Cooking Adventures!
I will be eating one or five of these this Easter. 

 These are my army of gnomes... doing what they do best.

Below is a shot of a gorgeous merry-go-round I stumbled on in Provence last month... I love the couple kissing in the bottom left corner. The colors of the merry-go-round match my gnomes!

Since I can't find my spring decor in our boxes ( We still are not completely unpacked), I wanted to share a cloche display I did last year.

Below are some that my fabulous friend Iris (from the "She's Nothing but a Copycat Blog" did this Spring!

 I love that she even stamped the egg!

I am off to pass the heck out. Cheers!


10 comments:

  1. Chevron straws?? I am in love!! Beautiful as always! Thanks for featuring me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud a few times in this post :) Love all of the opposites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed it! Have a blessed week! xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Molly, love your pillows and cloche displays. Beautiful photo of the merry-go-round, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Melanie! I hope you have an amazing week!!

      Delete
  4. LOVE those s'mores! Looks so yummy!
    xo
    Kara
    www.thebostonista.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the chevron straws! I'll have to order some for this summer!

    xo
    Kara
    www.thebostonista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't they so fun! I love them!! I hope you're having a brilliant day! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...