Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Quirky and Eclectic Time Zone Clock Wall



Our time zone clock wall has been moved to the striped hall because our map of epic proportions has replaced them in the stairwell! More comping soon! Continue reading for more on our time zone wall!

If you are in the military, a world traveling gypsy or have family in different states or countries you know what it is like to think, "I wonder if it is too late to call (insert name)?". Or maybe you feel like daydreaming about your last trip to Paris (or Detroit if that is what suits you) . I personally love looking at clocks from different time zones and imagining what my family and friends are doing or what other random people in the world are doing...Typically, I look at my clocks and wonder the old fashioned way, then sign on to Facebook and discover they have had a glass of milk for lunch or are craving Taco Bell. 
Most of you have seen those simple time zone clock walls, like the one pictured below, in airports, train stations and some even in some homes. Most are labeled with the name of what time zone the clock is representing. 
 I thought, heck! The clocks that  I have collected happen to represent where we purchased them perfectly and say enough about where the clock is from! We got our California time zone clock as a  gift in (you guessed it) California! The next rusty clock represents Kentucky. It reminds us of old farm equipment. . The next clock, the coo-coo clock, is an obvious representation of Deutschland. I plan on picking up some more clocks from other countries that we travel to that the look represents that country, so we can daydream about our travels there!

I love our eclectic clock wall and am excited to add to it. The only problem with it is,  now if we get homesick and want to talk to family, we can't pretend we didn't know what time it was there (insert wink).

What time zones and style clocks would you have on your wall?


Linking up to:



7 comments:

  1. i like those in the first pics
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This is something you and Bre need! FL Italy and Ca! love you and thank you for commenting!! Miss you

      Delete
  3. What a great way to remind yourselves of your travels! I don't have a pretty wall like yours, but I do keep on my phone the time zones my family live in, plus, I have a friend in Spain, and I'm constantly wondering what time it is on her end. Would love to have a wall like this some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristel! You should totally do this! You can do it with places you dream of going to too!! xo

      Delete
  4. Where did you get the clear city name wall plates in the photo with the time zone clocks?!?! ...and can you customize the city names??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...