Friday, September 2, 2016

Announcements, A Peek Into My Redesigned Rental Kitchen and My Home Layout


Sometimes life throws a ton of blessings and business your way and the only thing you have time to do is sleep and drive... That is the story of my life at the moment. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I have been slammed with work and have been a bit behind on blogging... "A little bit" is quite the understatement, but hey.... Not only am I working on a ton of design jobs and stagings in San Francisco, but my rental has been under a complete re-do as well! My life as been a never ending construction zone everywhere I go. I finally have a peaceful place to land again! 

Here is what my kitchen used to look like!

Many of you have asked about my loft/kitchen/living area and since my living situation has come across as a bit confusing, I thought I would break it down for you so it is easier to understand my layout, design and the changes that I have made to their rental of mine.
I live in a two story home where I have converted the upstairs loft into a separate, apartment-living space (more before and afters coming next week) with its own bedroom, bath, living room, dining room and have almost everything I need with my espresso bar armoire and mini fridge. Downstairs is a shared kitchen (with my landlord) and an additional couple living areas and wonderful little yard. My apartment has been my little feminine haven and the perfect bachelorette pad for Penny and me. Recently, I have completely redone the downstairs part of the home and have made it appeal to future renters and that isn't too girly for my landlord. This has been and will continue to be a long, slow, work in progress, since it is a job that is done on a budget and in my (very rare) spare time. I have also made quite a few major changes upstairs and look forward to next year when we lay laminate flooring upstairs and add marble to my bathroom sink. I am beyond grateful to live in a place that I can design and I think my landlord is pretty elated with the outcome as well. We both win!

So much of the furniture that I am using downstairs has been out at stagings and is slowly coming back in! I am so stoked to entertain again and deck the place out for all the seasons. This is the year of getting my "me" back. Now that I have a kitchen that inspires me, I will be doing a ton more cooking and creating, something that I am passionate about and have most certainly missed. 

I will also be breaking down all of my resources for you and how I did this makeover on a moderate budget. Once again, you don't have to break the bank to live luxuriously. 

I am also "shaking in my boots "to share all the changes that I have made to my little femme loft, including some seasonal touches that I have made. I have worked my tail off the last couple years and have a place that I am so proud of and feel relaxed in. When I commute as much as I do (sometimes 6-8 hours a day with traffic) I need a sanctuary like the ones I create for clients. I have been indulging in comfort lately and it's just what my tired bones have been needing.
Get your coffee or cocktails ready and get ready for some major content, including before and after photos, entertaining ideas and recipes and some travel and style images too! Psst, My blog is getting a makeover also!
By the way... got a chesterfield!!! Im so in LOVE!!!


19 comments:

  1. Isn't it just joy to get up everyday to your gorgeous place?! Love, love, love it all. You're some talent, Ms. Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly Miss Molly ! Your kitchen looks gorgeous and modern. Love the gray cabinet paint and the backsplash subway tiles.
    The pendant lighting by the island are awesome! Love it all.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly beautiful, just like you! I love the gray!!! That is exactly the color that I want for my kitchen!!! I am so glad to see that you are making these beautiful changes and that it can be your sanctuary. I know how hard it is to go through a life change and being busy and finding yourself is just what you need! I love your style and spirit and can't wait to see more and read about all the sources!! Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that kitchen has my heart all pitter patter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! LOVE the grey cabinets. What a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous... of course I would expect no less from you! :-) I have to ask what that wood/metal item is next the soap by the sink. It looks like you have herbs in it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was my excitement discovering your site last night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ideas for new methods on this subject were useful and an excellent help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information

    ReplyDelete
  11. The article I’ve been looking for in the meantime is the perfect article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoah this weblog is great I like studying this articles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your article It is very useful us and amazing blog for the users who want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this article this content is very significant for me I really appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...